The Harvard University Program in Ethics and Health is a program in research, training and teaching on ethical issues arising in population health, global health, clinical care and human subjects research. Learn More »
- Former PEH Program Manager Francesca Holinko is starting plant curation and landscape design studies at the New York Botanical Garden, in the School of Professional Horticulture. Lots of good luck Francesca from us all!
- Former PEH postdoc Greg Bognar has landed the Chair in Practical Ethics at Stockholm University’s Philosophy Department. Many congratulations!
- Along with Samia Hurst and the Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation, Dan Wikler and Nir Eyal have put together the 2014 session of the Brocher Summer Academy in Global Population Health 2014, on Ethical Questions in the Global Burden of Disease.
- Former PEH visitors Ole Norheim and Trygve Ottersen, PEH members Norm Daniels, Dan Wikler and Nir Eyal, and former PEH postdoc Shlomi Segall are among the authors of the WHO report Making Fair Choices on the Path to Universal Health Coverage—Final Report of the WHO Consultative Group on Equity and Universal Health Coverage.
- Former PEH postdoc Iwao Hirose has published Egalitarianism.
- Former PEH postdocs Greg Bognar and Iwao Hirose have together published The Ethics of Health Care Rationing: An Introduction.
- PEH faculty member Bob Truog is heading the new HMS Center for Bioethics. Congratulations, Bob!
- Former Program in Ethics and Health post-doctoral fellow Shlomi Segall co-organized the March 2014 conference, The Value of Equality, The conference was held at the Center for Ethics, University of Toronto, where he is a Visiting Professor 2013-4.
- Program in Ethics and Health founding director, Dan Brock, formally retired from Harvard at the end of 2013